Sunday, June 1, 2008

Recommended Listening - Wale; Mixtape About Nothing



BMoore Report checking in with some recommended listening for the ear hole. Wale out of DC has been my ear and is definitely worth a listen if you havent already peeped him. I just got up on his music about a couple months ago and ever since I have had him in heavy rotation in the ipod. While, he was knew to me...it appears Wale has been making noise for a minute. And of course as soon as you notice someone...it seems like they pop up everywhere. Since I first listened to him, I have seen him in Vibe Magazine for up and coming artists, he is featured on the Roots latest album, Rising Down, he was in a ad campaign for LRG clothing and allhiphop.com just posted a feature on the DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia) representer. On top of that he is signed to DJ Mark Ronson. He definitely is bringing some freshness to the game and some much needed creativity. His latest mixtape release, the MixTape About Nothing plays off a Seinfeld theme. Now if you're anything like me two things I really appreciate are good hip hop and a Seinfeld rerun. So put the two together and you got some BMoore-Report approved listening. Check out Wale's internet spot for the download. Elitaste.com or you can check out getrightmusic.com my favorite internet spot for free mixtapes. http://www.getrightmusic.com/2008/05/30/wale-mixtape-about-nothing/#more-588

No comments: